- The Engineering Technicians are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
- They are also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives and Performance Improvement Plans in their department and for their own training and development.
- Significant impact on raw material, component and utility costs and production, quality, rework and labour costs.
- This is a Key role in operating, cleaning and maintaining plant and equipment, impacts directly on plant availability, asset life cycle cost and asset life/replacement frequency
- Liase with other Brewing, Packaging, Production Services and Maintenance Technicians, Laboratory Technicians, Contractors and Shift Managers to ensure continuity of reliable, quality production.
- Support other team members and develop positive relationships with colleagues.
Purpose of Role:
- To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget and to apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules. Interface with SAP as appropriate.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering Right First Time on quality and control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.