Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Perform maintenance and repair of electrical components for all Drilling equipment (i.e. drilling motors and auxiliaries, Top Drive systems, mud pumps, etc) ; Marine equipment (thruster motors, ballast system, cranes, etc) ; General rig equipment such as HVAC, refrigeration plants, power, etc…
- Maintain sufficient spares onboard for critical/safety/maintenance/operational systems with a pro-active attitude with regards to upcoming Preventive Maintenance System.
- Maintain workshop equipment/tools to the highest safety standards
- Perform daily visual inspections of equipment; prevent/rectify actual and potential malfunctions, report potentially dangerous conditions to the Chief Electrician.
- Inform Chief Electrician and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.
- Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.
- Using the CMMS, coordinate planning and execution of preventive maintenance with a minimum of 6-week overview to cover current hitch and half of back-to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all equipment certification documents.
- Ensure that members of the department have all necessary competencies, training and skills to perform their tasks. Provide assistance and training to the crew in the operation and maintenance of equipment; regularly appraise and provide feedback to department members.