McTimothy Associates Is Recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Electronic/Electrical Engineer
Responsible for prompt analysis, installing, and testing of electrical equipment to ensure that products meet specifications and codes to improve clients’ satisfaction & profitability.
Planning and developing applications and modifications for electronic properties used in parts and systems to improve technical performance.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Optimal performance
- Safety should always be your top priority
- improves customer satisfaction,
- maximizes customer retention,
- increases profitability,
- Level of new products introduced to customers.
- Develop new applications of conductive properties of metallic and non-metallic materials to be used in components.
- Evaluate operational systems and recommend design modifications.
- Direct field operations and maintenance of electronic installations.
- Efficient management of available resources
Field & Electrical Operations
- Investigate complaints from customers or the public, evaluate problems, and recommend solutions
- Analyze customer needs and determine electrical system requirements, capacity, and cost to develop a system plan
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
- Testing installations and systems, and analysing data
- Estimating material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales
- Coordinating technicians and craftspeople
- Work with Sales/Marketing Manager on production efforts to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
- Design new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products
- Do detailed calculations to develop manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications
- Develop maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment
- Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or equipment repair
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, and systems to make sure they meet safety standards and applicable regulations
- Making sure projects meet electrical and construction safety regulations
- Overseeing inspection and maintenance programmes
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
Field & Electrical Administration
- Offering users appropriate support and advice.
- People management, recruitment, motivation, mentoring training and development of new Technical support staff
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Ensuring that users adhere to software licensing laws
- BSc or HND Engineering or any related discipline
- 3-5 years’ cognate experience in IT with 2years in supervisory role.
- Sufficient knowledge of modern electrical techniques and best practises
- Good budgetary skills
- Attention to Detail.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent maths, science, technical knowledge and IT skills
- Ability to analyze complex problems and assess possible solutions
- Ability to explain design ideas clearly
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Excellent team working and people skills
- Customer focused and results driven.
- A comprehensive understanding of electrical health and safety regulations