Reporting to: Foreman-Electrical
- Achieving department and customer operation goals; ensuring ongoing equipment (systems) reliability through preventive maintenance, breakdown repairs, troubleshooting, analysis and equipment upgrades.
Key aims and objectives:
- Perform repairs with minimum supervision, take responsibility and make decisions to see the job completion within time demands.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures; working in a safe and effective manner.
- Respond to all equipment breakdowns in a timely manner based on priority systems.
- Diagnose and apply results with the use of voltmeters, amps meters & oscilloscopes.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on industrial equipment in a production environment.
- Troubleshoot PLC controls & instrumentation on a wide variety of industrial applications.
- Work as a part of a team to troubleshoot and repair equipment, including disassembly and reassembly electrical equipment/machinery.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program for plant equipment.
- Perform work in a manner consistent with plant safety, housekeeping standards (5S) and quality checks.
- Maintain parts and work records on computerized maintenance system.
- Troubleshoot electrical/electronic systems through the use of electrical schematics (blue prints), panel layouts or manufacturer’s specifications to effect repair.
- Provide required shift change hand-off information on equipment repairs or work orders to shift coordinator.
- Make recommendations to improve equipment operation/efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and improve maintenance service to customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility when tasks are reassigned or altered.
- Follow maintenance quality and standard operating procedures as established.
- Assist and support the department in achieving and maintaining budgetary goals.
- Support and assist mechanics with expertise in electrical equipment.
- Maintains assigned equipment, and tools for the purpose of ensuring availability in a safe operating condition. Monitor the electrical work of contractors for the purpose of ensuring that the projects are satisfactory completed and within specifications.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, trainings and seminars as assigned for the purpose of conveying and gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity log, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and conveying information.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Coordinates with assigned foreman and other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Inspect electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating conditions, identifying necessary repairs and recommending PM.
- Maintain an accurate log of all parts used and assist in maintaining inventory.
- Maintain compliance with all company policy and procedure guidelines.
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical and pneumatic transducers and hydraulic system/controls.
- Troubleshoot and maintaining PLC and SLC along with 24-volt and 110-volt control systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair of DC Controllers and AC Drives.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical relay and alarm systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical motor control circuity.
- Troubleshoot and repair phased and DC electric motors.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical power generation equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical switch-gear equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair DC battery banks and battery chargers.
- Remove, install, repair and test low-voltage distribution panels.
- Test, troubleshoot and replace electrical lighting systems.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair HVAC system.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair AC variable frequency motor drives.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair UPS system.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot and repair fire and gas detection equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair low to high voltage equipment.
- Interpret computer diagnostics of electrical/electronic control systems
- Technical College or HND, certified in electrical-electronics or its equivalents.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Computer familiarly and capable of adapting to new computer programs.
- High energy and initiative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding work ethics with exceptional discipline, attendance, and safety record.
- Willingness to take initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Minimum four year of experience.
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather.
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces.
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights.
- Willing to work overtimes, on shift arrangement, holidays, nights and weekends.
- Willing to support company’s alcohol & drug-free work environment, which will include random alcohol and drug screening.
- Hands on experience.
- Complex Problem Solving; identify complex problems and reviewing related information’s to develop and evaluate options and implement solution.
- Ability to stand for long periods with occasional laying down, stooping and crouching plus frequent lifting.