Implementation of Group Asset Protection standards and provision of emergency and oil spill response advice, support and assurance to operational activities.
- Assist with implementation of Group Emergency preparedness, Incident Management and Business Continuity Standard across company’s operations.
- Provide support to the Business Units on identification and assessment of credible emergency scenarios.
- Assist with the development, review and implementation of emergency response, oil spill contingency plans and bridging documents.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery training, exercises and emergency response drills for the Crisis Management Team and Incident Management Teams.
- Participate in audits and reviews to provide assurance on Asset Protection and EHS requirements with a specific focus on oil spill risks.
- Assist in the development and co-ordination of information and toolkits relating to Crisis and Emergency Management on the Company intranet site.
- Provide direct assistance to CEM teams responding to specific incidents and participate in post incident investigations as required.
- Establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
A formal qualification in Crisis and Emergency Management, Disaster Management or Environment preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of crisis & emergency management, oil spill response and business continuity planning.
- Project management with strong emphasis on execution and delivery.
- Presentation and instructional skills.
- Experience working within the oil and gas or similar industry.
- Experience of working in remote and hazardous environments.
- Experience of working internationally with multi-cultural workforce – specific experience of working in Africa an advantage.
- Stakeholder management including demonstrable ability to influence at all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of operational and technical EHS issues
- Competent with appropriate computer packages and technological systems and tools to aid CEM preparation, response and training.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Good communicator with open and constructive styles
- Open, honest & reliable, high personal integrity and commitment to high EHS standards.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative, self motivating and disciplined
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
- React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances, able to work under pressure
- Seek ways to find and apply best practice
- Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach