- The post holder (i.e. Able Sea Man) will be primarily responsible for carrying out the duties of a helmsman and lookout whilst on watch.
- He will also carry out seamanship and ships husbandry tasks as instructed by the Skipper/First Mate.
- The post holder must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written) and must have basic understanding of on-board mechanical and electrical systems.
- He must also possess thorough knowledge of the damage control system and procedures on-board; possess Certification in sea survival (PSR & PSSR); Certification in marine fire-fighting; Certification in first-aid at sea and must be certified to be medically and mentally fit.
- Possession of STCW95 Helmsman qualification and minimum of 2 years' experience at sea will be an added advantage.