To actively support smooth operation of the Employee Mobility and the Community Life departments by assisting NYUAD’s faculty and staff during their relocation, transition and settling in Abu Dhabi.
The individual will carry-out duties in both the Employee Mobility and the Community Life departments, to actively support smooth operation of the departments by assisting NYUAD’s faculty and staff during their relocation, transition and settling in Abu Dhabi.
The successful candidate will support the Community Life Manager in developing and delivering NYUAD's internal community relations & support initiatives for the community to engage into Abu Dhabi's / UAE's local community. This position provides support mechanisms for the wider NYUAD community, including spouses and children, and engages the NYUAD community into creating its own activities plan.
The incumbent will support the Employee Mobility department in the daily work in arranging relocation travel, shipping, accommodation, welcome packs, in addition to the various administration tasks to ensure smooth operation of processes.
The key to the success in this role is prioritizing of duties and flexibility in working hours, including evenings and weekends at times.
- Carrying out administrative responsibilities in the two departments during the relocation, transition and repatriation stages for all NYUAD employees
Education requirements (essential)
- Bachelor’s Degree, or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience requirements (essential)
- 3-5 years administrative and operations experience, preferably in fast paced, international environment
- Ability to work with high profile individuals from varied international backgrounds while managing their expectations
- Familiarity with cultural customs and life as an expat in Abu Dhabi and the UAE
- Professional maturity and judgment, including discretion
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments and projects on time-sensitive schedules, with a sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and cultural sensitivity
- Demonstrated initiative, problem- solving ability and capacity for resourcefulness
- Well-organized work habits, consistent accuracy, and attentiveness to detail
- Proficiency with intermediate to advanced word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.