Channels TV, Kano Station
• The ENG Editor would be responsible for editing the news reports and Programmes as well as the reports brought in from assignments and bureaus by Reporters and Programme Producers. ENG Editor will edit montage and promos.
• Must be able to advise on the kind of shots expected from field assignments.
• Must be able to work with all aspects of electronic news gathering/production/editing.
• Editing Programmes, Reports, Promos and announcements.
• Must be able to do colour correction where necessary, audio balancing, light balancing and special effects. Familiarity with all aspects of field video, audio and lighting.
• Creation of montage for Station Programmes and Documentary.
• Will be responsible for all sound and lighting work including wireless and portable mixers.
• Must be familiar with editing and feeding Studio Camera and control room audio.
• Familiarity with live broadcast production and remote production.
• Will operate video recording equipment.
• Must have experience as a Motion Graphics Editor.
• Must be able to use Video Editing Suites, Final Cut Pro (FCP), Adobe Suites (Premier, Aftereffects, etc.). 3D knowledge is a plus (3d Max, Cinema 4D, etc.).
•Must have experience with live production equipment.
•Technical support/training certifications in Video Editing is a plus.
• Must hold a BSc. with option of First Class or Second Class Upper Division in any of these fields:
• Electronics Electrical Engineering,
• Electronics and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering,
• Mass Communication
• Must have a minimum of 5 years work experience in this field.
• Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or hold a Certificate of Exemption.
• Knowledge and experience in IT.
• Must have headed an organizational Unit (a plus).
• Be experienced in production, television broadcast and network.
• Has the ability to work under pressure, work with deadlines and without close supervision.
• Able to work structured time/schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays to support a 24×7 on-air broadcast.
Age range between 25 and 35 years.
Hard working and strong abilities to deliver on the job.
Exceptional communication and editing skills.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Possess strong intelligence and skills to achieve results.
Savvy and experience in use of IT.
Able to add value and drive change.
Results oriented and proactive attitude.