- Safe guide the network and customers from adverse effects occasioned by network changes.
- Ensure that new nodes, technology, features etc meet expected standard and quality before being allowed to serve customers.
- Ensure adherence to change processes, Manage the governance of new technology trial processes and policy
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Manage UAT and FAT on all network changes.
- Issue certificate of confirmation for network changes; upgrades, new features, new nodes etc
- Be part of the CAB/CMB network change
- Developed Structured Testing framework for FAT & UAT throughout a project life cycle.
- Benchmarking performance KPIs for FAT and UAT against plans/expectations to ensure that they meet expectations of quality.
- Review and approve First Network Integration (FNI) for new technologies, upgrades and features before final rollout.
- Carry out and manage network node transition from implementation vendor to MS vendor or User department.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Fluent in English
- Certification in IP/Ethernet Networking or Quality management
- Minimumof 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience workingwith others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in FAT/UAT, GSM Network performance management or GSM Network operations.
- Experience in a telecomm industry – Network implementation/Quality/performance/Operations/Optimization/Planning in the telecommunication sector
- Sound understanding of call and data service architecture and service flow
- GSM Network QoS.
- RF Planning and Optimizations
- Network implementation and upgrades.
- Network operations.
- Project management.
- Network performance and quality assurance.
- Customer Experience management
- Network Performance |management
- Thorough Understanding of (through professional experience and training) of 3GPPstandards and implementation processes, including: Universal
- Mobile Telecommunications Systems (UMTS), Long Term Evolution (LTE), Code Division Multiple Access
- Technology (CMDA) and Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMax)
- Network performance and statistics
- Vendor and experts management
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND