Provide necessary support towards the proper integration of new backbone, access and leased transmission links including copper, microwave and OFC media.
- Liaise with the regional field support engineers to resolve prolonged and repetitive transmission faults.
- Assist in the implementation of preventive, corrective and configuration orders/change request work order in line with the work order/change request process
- Escalate inter-MSC, MSC-BSC, BSC-BSC and interconnect transmission links faults; follow up with vendors and third party service providers to ensure these faults are resolved within defined SLA
- Ensure transmission operation work undertaken by vendors/service providers meet Etisalat specifications and ensure adherence to SLAs with vendors (Interconnect Partners, Transmission link providers)
- Assist in managing the performance and availability of backbone and access transmission service systems/service deployed - radio/microwave/OFC as well as interconnect links
- Keep and maintain comprehensive sets of records for all transmission links
- Ensure all security and network integrity documentation is completed and adhered to
- Prepare and compile report on the transmission of leased, backbone and access transmission links in light of the SLAs
- Assist in conducting routine performance checks on the transmission links via the NMS systems to ensure the desired QoS and customer experience
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Fixed Transmission HLS.