Plan and design the Transmission IP Core network to support 2G and 3G sites rollout and any other IP requests for the entire Etisalat Nigeria Network
- Plan and design the IP MPLS, VPNs and VLANS IP network for the various core network services.
- Plan and design end to end core transmission equipment and routers with adequate capacity to support the network roll out.
- Assists in the design, planning and optimization of packet switching components of Etisalat core network, systems and platforms.
- Provides inputs in translating Etisalat business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements for the core network packet switching system.
- Daily monitoring of IP BB Transmission bandwidth utilization and proactive provisioning of additional bandwidth on routes noticed to be prone to congestion.
- Participate in planning the transmission business cases and the yearly budgets plans.
- Engage the vendors (during each phase of the rollout) on the suitability and adaptability of proposed equipment and solutions before procurement.
- Implement OAM on all the IP transmission nodes in the network via IP VPN technology. (BSC, OSN, Routers), including last mile microwave radios.
- Support transmission team in daily transmission activity.
- Develop, maintain and update regular records of the deployed IP core equipment.
- Plan and Ensure redundancy, scalability and security are reflected in the IP core design and BoQ.
- Generate work orders for IP Core change requests to Operations and deployment team.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and databases of existing IP core for Etisalat network infrastructure.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the manager transmission network.