This position is for the Software group in Network Switch Division. Network Switch Division is global leader in high speed switching ASICs for Ethernet Switching and Routing that powers Switches and Routers worldwide. The Switch Software Group develops protocol stack for switches and routers targeted for Data Centre, Enterprise, Service Provider and SMB market segments.
The role involves working on software design/development, maintenance and integration testing of routing protocols, management software and bringing up of Ethernet switch hardware with multiple processor architectures. This role requires strong understanding of real time embedded systems, strong C programming skills, good knowledge of microprocessor architectures, in depth understanding of networking concepts, prior experience working with routing protocols like BGP, OSPF , VRF-Lite and working with teams across geographies.
Knowledge of UI technologies such as HTML, Java Script, XML, SNMP is desirable.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience after BE/BTech or 6 years after ME/MTech
- Expert-level programming skills in C and data structures
- Experience software development in Linux Environment
- Experience in Embedded Systems is a must
- Domain knowledge in Ethernet Switching and IP Routing is a must
- Hands-on experience implementing routing modules like BGP, OSPF, VRF-Lite , RIB
- Strong communication and documentation skills are required
- Experience in HW-SW integration testing and debugging
- Knowledge of HTML, Java Script, XML, SNMP is desirable.