- The Piping Workpack Engineer is responsible for the technical integrity of all construction Work Pack deliverables.
Key Aims and Objectives
To interface with Design Team to ensure that the applicable legislation and standards are applied across all aspects of design delivery to the project. These include:
- Company procedures and process, client codes and standards,
- HSE Regulations and EU Directives.
- Authoring, production, compilation and checking of Construction Workpacks, including Jobcards.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- To interface with and ensure that the cross discipline Engineer, Construction, Commissioning, Safety, Maintenance and Operational requirements are for within all Workpacks.
- To meet the requirements of the agreed schedule identified within the project plan for all Workpack deliverables.
- To provide technical assurance to the project that previous lessons learned have been captured and incorporated into the current design.
- To provide technical assurance to the project that all aspects of the Scope Of Work (SOW) and Statement Of Requirement (SOR) have been fully addressed within each Workpack, identifying and raising with relevant design disciplines any additions and/or changes if required.
- To provide technical approval of all Piping Workpacks deliverables. Interface with Design and Construction Teams to optimize build sequence and commissioning sequence.
- Interface with Construction Team to ensure all items required for construction readiness are clearly identified within the Workpack.
- Identify appropriate resources for Workpack engineering in accordance with agreed project plans.
- To report progress against project plans noting any areas of concern and identifying corrective actions.
- Responsible for any addendums and updates / modifications, growth etc. to the workpacks.
- To provide technical, ethical, professional leadership and support and mentoring to project colleagues.
- To respect colleagues, clients and sub-contractors at all levels, dealing with any dispute or conflict in a professional and personable manner.
- Any other reasonable duties as specified by Team Lead.
- Weekly man-hour reports and keeping Workpack tracking spreadsheet up to date.
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Engineering, Project Management Team, Construction Team, Planning and DCC.
Technical / Business Skills:
- Good understanding of construction requirements.
- Experience using Microsoft office.
- Articulate with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work with a large construction support team.
- Ability to work unsupervised as part of a team
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in similar construction positions within a construction phase of a project based contract.
- Previous experience of estimating and compiling construction work packs.
- Trade qualifications and associated competencies working within the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum of a recognised trade qualification.