To be accountable to the Engineering Manager for the effective execution of all Military & Rail Product Engineering projects at Shrewsbury, within Cost, Time and Quality targets.
• Supervision of the Product Engineering Development Team including Engineering Workshop (Approximately 16 people)
• Resource management and ensuring the team utilise PMP, TMS, 6 Sigma and CPS to achieve their career goals.
• Project execution in line with committed deadlines.
• Provide technical direction to the Development team. Includes setting technical objectives, test strategies, creation of innovative solutions and problem solving
• Sponsorship of Engineering and workshop improvement projects
• Product leadership for all Cat brand military product development and application
• Contributing directly to new business development and strategy for technical direction. Includes presentation to customers on product lines and their merits, customer visits, proposal creation and feasibility studies.
• Responsible for product legislation compliance
The role requires that the individual:
• Education: Degree level in a numerate discipline
• Experience: Previous experience is essenital. Development Engineering is a must.
• Small team leadership experience is essential.
• Has a high enthusiasm and engagement in their work
• Networks well with peers within Engineering and the rest of the business
• Has a strong technical background, specifically in engines
• Can champion Safety and continuous improvement to both Engineering processes and Product working across the Enterprise to gain synergies where possible.
• Can create a supportive work environment for the team enhancing the teams creativity and output