• To lead the entire engineering team of a project through all stages in coordination with other concerned entities and Divisions of the Company.
• To function as a Technical Expert and Coordinator in the management of the project.
• To participate in the development of tender document for the selection of the Engineering Consultant, PMC and Contractors.
• To provide professional expertise in the selection of contractors with particular emphasis on pre-qualification and bid evaluation.
• To participate, coordinate and assist in development of detailed statement of requirements (SOR) and strategy for implementation of various project phases, such as, FEED, detailed engineering, construction and commissioning.
• To direct and manage the activities of all assigned technical specialists to the project during engineering, construction and commissioning phases and provide expert judgment in resolving technical issues/ disputes.
• To monitor reviewing of contractor documentation and in case of conflicting comments, mediate and resolve.
• To coordinate and monitor the progress of work performed by licensors, engineering and EPC contractors. Identify any bottlenecks and recommends corrective action to ensure smooth and timely completion of each project.
• To ensure proper coordination between the Project Management Team (PMT), end user and Engineer/contractor and other agencies involved in the project to ensure proper progress of the project.
• To review contractors subcontracting strategy and pre-qualification of subcontractors.
• To ensure that contractors' strategy, plans, specifications, methods and procedures for construction are in accordance with the scope of work and other specifications, and apply cost effective and value adding solutions in these areas throughout the assigned Project.
• To ensure that "best industry practice" and state of the art technology is applied in the selection of equipment, material, systems, work methods and testing during the life of the project.
• To ensure that Company policies for engineering, safety (HSE) and quality are addressed and being implemented in the desired fashion in coordination with HSE division, PMC and Contractors.
• To review contractors pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures and plans and coordinate the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
• To identify and recommend training and development requirements for assigned Company personnel.
• Postgraduate qualification in Electrical Engineering.
• 15 years experience in Electrical transmission systems engineering.
• Experience in coordination with local authorities and Third Parties.
• Expertise in modelling of Electrical power transmission and distribution 400/11kV systems.
• Recognized expertise and published papers in reputable technical journals.
• Specific experience in liaison with Abu Dhabi Electrical and municipality authorities.
• Knowledge of existing UAE power distribution network.
• Please note proposed candidate has requested that his application is treated in strict confidence.
• Familiarity with Electrical network and integration to UAE national network.