Brief Job Description
Oversee day to day operations of the Daniel North America, Europe and Engineering Documentations team. The Operations Manager acts as the point of contact in Manila between Daniel and all Manila activities. The person participates in operations reviews, organization reviews and Manila policy review meetings. Ensures the career development of the subordinates and self.
Customer Management • Ensures that customer needs are met on a timely and accurate basis.
• Ensures efficient communication with counterparts, LBP, other divisions, entities and factory by delivering factual data, reports and information on time thereby maintaining accurate perception on the capability and performance of the team/s in Manila.
• Manage customer communication o ensure that pertinent laws, rules/regulations, policies and programs in the Philippines are explained and upheld
• Participates in business conference calls
• Escalates operational issues/concerns from a process level to the appropriate support departments and provide sound recommendation to customers.
• Develops and maintains partnerships with clients to increase business and client satisfaction. Deals effectively with customer needs, issues and escalations.
• Conduct regular business reviews with customers to provide updated, real-time business results and operations status
• Properly sets customer expectations and proactively manages plans and organizes project/account scope towards overall business plans and strategic goals. Operations Management • Provides overall direction and long term strategy for the operational team handled.
• Implements business operation and service solutions utilizing the continuous improvement process to increase the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the work group
• Develops and implements operational operating tools, controls, processes, and procedures that are needed within the organization that pertain to the industry segment to maximize revenues, prevent inefficiencies and contain cost
• Provides an efficient and reliable infrastructure to meet customer demands and service delivery. Develops objectives and tracking mechanisms to ensure the results of work are measurable.
• Coordinates with the support groups new business implementation, including controlling all internal and external resources to ensure continuous uptime and optimization
• Implements policies on the filing, documenting and approval of time and attendance administration
• Perform staffing projection complementing work volume growth and forecast Leadership and People Management • Meets with team members regularly to review performance, provide feedback and coaching, and other developmental, training and career progression plans to ensure the success of the individuals within the team.
• Plans, organizes and coordinates team activities to ensure employee engagement. Establishes, support and implements department rules and operating procedures for the purpose of providing cohesiveness, cooperation and enthusiasm within the customer support team.
• Plans, assigns and direct work to the team/employees
• Adheres to the regularization, performance appraisal, quarterly performance appraisal, rewards and compliance with the requirement for due process
• Identifies functional/behavioral training and development needs of employees to support team goals and objectives Internal Communication • Conducts regular employee forums or skip level discussions to get to know the pulse of the team
• Develop strong morale within the team by encouraging, recognizing, and rewarding behaviors that supports the concept of excellence
• Conducts team meeting to address issues and concerns, escalations, improve processes and others
• Understands and seek critical information and data needed by the team
• Communicates policies, programs and decisions that affect employees. Facilitates team discussions to ensure every member has the common understanding on business processes and decisions.
• Implement feedback loops and upward communication mechanism as a check on line leaders performance
• Uses effective communication tools like flow charts, process flows, diagrams, etc. to effectively communicate products, processes, business and team performance, and others.
• Ensures that employee communication in their team remains open, updated and transparent, right information/data are provided accurately at the right time and at the right venue Financial Management • Maximizes revenue and measure costs for group
• Review invoices on a monthly basis and coordinates disputes with Finance
• Participates in annual budget and forecast activities. Supports the operational budgeting activities to help implement cost saving activities
• Reviews all cost-related activities. First line approver for all cost of the operations.
• Develops programs that maximize existing resources through understanding of the monetary value of the units produced by his or her team. Business Strategy Development and Implementation • Leads strategic initiatives (Business Units and Manila Strategies) on execution and implementation
• Participates in goals-roll down processes; proposes activities, and sets quarterly and yearly directions for his/her teams • Participates in sustaining and growing business group. Helps implements new and expanded business operation and service solutions to improve Manila position as a premiere investment site
Minimum of a 4 year Engineering degree, MBA or other graduate level education qualification preferred Job Related Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of management experience.
• Minimum 5 years experience in an operational management, process improvements, or other roles that focus on development and implementation of controls and procedures.
• Several years of progressive supervisory and leadership experience. Specific Knowledge:
• With industry knowledge. Experience is a preferred.
• Experience with data extraction and analysis.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Emphasis on staff and personal development.
• Ability to manage and adapt in an extremely busy and frequently changing environment