Role: Engineering Technician – Night Shift
Location: United Biscuits, Harlesden, NW10
Salary: circa £50,000
Bonus: Pension, 26 days holiday, Life Assurance & Annual Pay Reviews
Shift: 12 hour Night shift on a mixed rotational shift
United Biscuits are currently looking to recruit a days based Engineering Technician to join the lead manufacturing site at Harlesden, NW10.
Reporting to the Area Engineering Manager the Engineering Technician will be responsible for the Planned Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance, Refurbishment and continuous improvement to the plant and its associated equipment. You will be responsible for maximising plant performance being targeted to achieve a minimum of 85% OEE
Responsibilities will include:
- To minimise downtime and production waste
- Reporting plant performance using the appropriate system to communicate non-conformance and/or engineering issues
- To train, coach and support team members to develop their engineering skills
- Act as an engineering expert to input into team action plans & continuous improvement activities, especially ref SMED, 5S, OEE, Autonomous Maintenance, TPM.
- Carry out planned maintenance (PPM) in conjunction of the sites continuous improvement plan
- Prioritise reactive maintenance issues to achieve site production targets
- Raise all permits to work and manage 3rd party contractors
Applicants will need to possess a minimum of City & Guilds in a Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering disciplines and have a proven track record in a engineering position within an Manufacturing environment. Experience managing CI engineering projects and the ability to work to consistently high standards and tight deadlines is essential.