Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Job description of English language are;
- classroom management;
- planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups;
- preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises;
- marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
- devising, writing and producing new materials, including audio and visual resources;
- organising and getting involved in social and cultural activities such as sports competitions, school parties, dinners and excursions;
- attending and contributing to training sessions;
- participating in marketing events for the language school;
- preparing information for inspection visits and other quality assurance exercises;
- freelance teaching on a one-to-one basis;
- basic administration, such as keeping student registers and attendance records
Typical duties include:
- Advising student on career issues.
- Organising and delivering classroom lectures to students.
- Evaluating a students' class work and assignments.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Classroom management.
- Developing English lesson plans in line with the National Curriculum.
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom.
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
The main responsibility of a teacher is to help the students understand English, speak it and be able to write and read it. Your duties will range from the preparation of course work, planning of classes and the marking of work handed in. On top of this you will also have to arrange any extra curricular activities and set targets for your pupils. You will of course spend a lot of time writing on blackboards and will also be responsible for the safety of pupils during your lessons.
Teachers do much more than standing at the front of a classroom talking. They have an important responsibility to the progress and education of the pupils they teach, and this means a lot of assessment and administrative work.
Must be a graduate of English from any recognized institution.
- must be a good communicator as you will be on many occasions communicating with parents and also other teaching staff.
- must have the ability to work in stressful situations and under pressure.
- must have a good listening skills.
- must be able to plann and organise skills to effective teachibg-learning situation.
- msut be Patience.
All interested applicant should forward their cv and day time mobile phone to; email@example.com
Lastly, the applicant must reside in Lagos