Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
English teachers should be well-grounded in classroom management and school procedures. In addition to teaching creative subjects like poetry and fiction writing, they should be prepared to teach grammar rules, spelling and diction, word pronunciation, sentence structure, punctuation, reading and essay writing.
- Prepare coursework and assignments for classes
- Grade tests, essays and reports, and other writing assignments
- Meet with colleagues to coordinate lesson plans and work with specific subjects of expertise
- Hold one-on-one conferences with students to keep them on track as necessary
- Meet with parents or guardians to discuss students’ academic progress, remedial issues and behavior problems when necessary
Interested candidates must have a minimum of OND in English from a reputable higher institution.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: LAGOS RESIDENTS ONLY