The Strategy and Planning function is responsible for governing the investment of the Siemens NWE (North West Europe) technology budget c.€90M in FY14 over 11 countries. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for engaging in business transformation at the concept stage, maturing and developing technology solutions to a maturity that can be implemented by Siemens' outsource service partners. Enterprise Architects will have strong technical skills (infrastructure and applications), be well versed in business process and be equally comfortable influencing the C-level as designing technology solutions.
You will be responsible for developing IT architectures and system integration strategies meeting the requirements of the business demands, aligned to the technology and process governance framework across infrastructure, applications, information security and licensing. Underpinning this is the ownership of the governed technology estate and the documentation of current and target operating models. The function is responsible to maintain strategic alignment of the IT Product Portfolio with the Headquarter function and drive innovation where centrally led concepts are not available.
- Design authority to support system integration in corporate business transformation activity (e.g. acquisition/divestment, bundling of corporate processes) from a technology work stream lead perspective with solid knowledge of infrastructure, applications and business process architecture
- Capability to influence at C-Suite and senior stakeholders level to ensure alignment between technology deliverables and the direction of business transformation activities.
- Ttechnical single point of contact (project manager) for the start up phases of business transformation activities ensuring clarity in delivery expectation for the internal IT organisation and transfer of activity to delivery project manager once scope is signed off by stakeholders.
- Provide escalation point to the broader internal IT community for the governed technology framework and ensure capability in the Service Delivery Management team to agree architecture for standard business demands.
- Innovate solutions to IT requirements where there is not a current service in the governed technology framework providing project management throughout the product introduction lifecycle from feasibility study through to release of the product into the estate.
- Drive enthusiasm and momentum in large scale IT activities, building large scale IT delivery programs from concept to delivery and ensuring all involved stakeholders are aware of the vision and transformation journey to enable consistent delivery
- Own the governed technology framework for Cluster North West Europe ensuring alignment with the Headquarter IT strategy.
- Develop directives for the Cluster North West Europe to provide clarity on the governed technology framework
- Provide support to the corporate compliance and Sarbanes Oxley process in the business.
- Communication and alignment of the governed technology framework with technology and business stakeholders in the Headquarters and Cluster North West Europe.
- Own the Product Portfolio Management process and Target Operating Model for internal IT services ensuring products are introduces, replaces and expired in line with global supplier roadmaps and the requirements of business demands.
- Support the annual planning cycle to derive and align technology and corporate Headquarter driven activities with the budget planning process.
- Document the Current Operating Model through corporate architecture modeling tools.
- Maintain awareness of market trends and technologies enabling competitive advantage in the organisation
- Develop and manage a 3 year technology strategy for the Cluster IT function
- A broad background in infrastructure and application technologies
- Extensive knowledge and experience of solution design combining enterprise applications, infrastructure services and business transformation requirements
- Exposure to large corporate ERP systems delivering financial, logistics, manufacturing, sales and HR processes
- Good knowledge of related governance areas of information security, licensing and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Proven knowledge of methods and tools for Enterprise Architecture Planning e.g. TOGAF
- Proven knowledge and experience of ITIL framework and IT technical delivery methodologies (from definition to implementation)
- Experience of formal Project Management processes
- Experience in driving technological change in significant organisational transformation activities in a matrix organisation, responsible to senior and C-Suite stakeholders.
- Experience in business analysis, systems development and full understanding of the relationships between Processes, Applications, Data and Infrastructure
- Good knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and required IT Controls
- Ability to energise a community to deliver strategic change and influence at C-Suite and Senior Stakeholder levels to ensure the scope of IT delivery is consistent with business transformation goals.
- Experience in budget planning on an annual and project specific basis