We are looking experienced enterprise architects who are experts at the defined architecture elements covering: application component design, enterprise application integration EAI, service oriented architecture SOA, structured and unstructured data architecture, network topologies, security, servers, storage, and backup, virtualisation of servers or desktops, cloud services. The role of the Enterprise Architect is critical to our clients, especially in our post deal work, and will be instrumental in selling and delivering client work.
Who are we?
IT Transaction Services (ITTS), part of the Operational Transactions Services (OTS), advise and support client through the complete deal life-cycle providing a range of sell-side and buy-side IT services to corporate firms and private equity clients, across all sectors. Our services range from complex IT due diligence, post merger integration, carve-out/ separation, post deal value enhancement through to corporate restructuring.
Our team is made up of senior technical professionals, comprising of ex-industry CIO and CTO and technical consultants (e.g. Accenture, IBM). We have deep technical and industry experience, ability to design and implement complex solutions end-to-end. We take ownership of complex transactions and drive change at pace and deliver against challenging timelines. We bring independence, financial, commercial and transaction acumen, to fast-track integration & carve-out and deliver the transaction value.
- The role is client facing, providing independent and expert solution architecture support to projects and programmes across a wide range of industry sectors.
- Take ownership for the architecture that underpins our clients solutions, and contribute significantly to the development of their enterprise architecture or IT strategy.
- Translating business requirements, in a transactions context, into technical solution designs, which may include contextual, conceptual, logical and physical views of the architecture.
- Develop solution architecture requirements, both functional and non-functional, preferably for both packaged Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) packages and bespoke solutions development, and in projects from £100k to well over £10m in size.
- Consulting or Advisory engagements, working directly with clients to support the development of enterprise or solution architectures, IT strategies or transformation programmes.
- Candidates will have a broad and deep knowledge of IT designs and architectures. He/ she will lead the development of enterprise architecture and technology strategy in relevant areas, identify and develop new technology principles, standards and guidelines.
- Candidates will be familiar with business modelling techniques - including business capability, process and data modelling - as vehicles to explore scenarios, changes and events based on a business-driven view and the value we provide to customers.
- Work as a design authority or as project solution architects.
- Candidates will have a comparative knowledge of enterprise architecture, systems engineering and project management methodologies. They will have used architecture tools such as Aris Enterprise Architect, Rational Rose, Casewise or their equivalent.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 10-15 years of related work experience.
- A degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field (MBA or MS degree preferred).
- Prefer approximately 5-10 years of experience as an Enterprise Architect working either in industry reporting to office of CIO or CTO or in consulting for IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, PwC or equivalent.
- Overseen in a technical authority role delivery of several large scale programmes of significant value.
- Qualified in TOGAF, Zachman, or equivalent framework.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills.
- Ability and comfort level researching client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies.
The successful candidate must also be willing and able to travel 70-90% of a work schedule.