· Answer ACD calls and address the customer's technical support needs or handle/route accordingly. Provide technical support on operational or maintenance of a personal computers and /or peripherals using documented procedures and available tools.
· Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service calls.
· Escalate problems when unable to make proper determination.
· Remain knowledgeable of Dell's product line and service offerings, current industry products and technologies.
· Log customer contacts.
· Advise/educate customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
· Complete required product training modules on time to remain competent of current technology offerings.
· Identify and provide input on unique or recurring customer problems.
· Mainstream DOS and Windows Applications including Windows 8
· PC Hardware for desktop and portable systems
· Microsoft Operating Systems
· Thorough knowledge on Wireless/Wired Network connectivity
· Experienced on Basic to Advanced Network Troubleshooting
· Knowledge around Virus and Spyware is a must
· Thorough knowledge of the technical reference tools (e.g. DSN, Training & Development, Customer Support Website, Forums, Approved WWW tools)
· Understanding of support policies and procedural guidelines
· Organizational skills.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Excellent telephone soft skills.
· Thorough telephone functional skills
· Ability to handle stressful situations.
· Ability to deal professionally with irate customers.
· A+, MCP, C.NA, DCSE certification preferred.
Minimum of at least 18 mos. in handling a technical account (i.e. hardware or any computer-related troubleshooting)
Education and Certifications
· COMPTIA A+
· COMPTIA Network+
· COMPTIA Security+
· Prefer AA/AS degree or equivalent technical training
· Highly Preferred: DCSE, A+ certifications
· Preferred: MCP, CCNA certification