Want to extend your technical and advisory skills delivering total solutions to an outstanding client base? Joining Deloitte's Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) team will enable you to combine your senior-level client advisory skills with your deep technical expertise - all within a high-impact environment.
The practice operates across 3 business areas including Enterprise Performance Management, Finance Systems and Finance Advisory. We have a portfolio of implementation propositions that cover Oracle, SAP, and IBM.
Finance is an exciting and thriving area of our Consulting business. The practice has a unique blend of business and technical skills which is able to perform advisory, design, assurance and implementation services to our enviable client base - it is the largest group in the UK serving the needs of the CFO.
A new opportunity for a Consultant to join and help develop our EPM practice, specifically focusing on Driver Based Planning to include Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting, based on Oracle Hyperion Planning.
Our EPM practice works with CFOs from large national and multinational organisations to develop enterprise performance frameworks to allow them to effectively plan, measure and drive growth within their organisations. Whilst the initial development of these frameworks are technology agnostic we are enhancing our capability to deliver integrated technology solutions based on Oracle's EPM suite Hyperion.
The candidate will be expected to consult with all levels of a client's business and be comfortable in front of the finance business and IT, and from the analysts to the CIO and CFO, and be involved in the full life cycle of an EPM project starting with the initial design of the performance framework through to the implementation of the supporting technology.
You will have responsibility for:
- designing and configuring Oracle Hyperion Planning in order to deliver a solution that best accommodates the Clients requirements as stated;
- advising on the solution options available to accommodate the Clients requirements and the advantages and disadvantages relating to those options;
- problem solving to identify and action appropriate remedies for technical errors associated with Hyperion Planning and related components;
- advising on good practice approaches to financial planning processes, including building plans from business drivers, in order to improve their accuracy, timeliness and efficiency, and a reduction in the effort expended during the budgeting and forecasting preparation cycles;
- demonstrating knowledge of client decision-making and support processes and key client business drivers;
- understanding industry context;
- supporting the delivery of key transformation projects using Oracle Planning as the technology enabler to provide financial planning, Business Intelligence and reporting solutions;
- supporting client requirements gathering/analysis workshops;
- assisting in the development of client bids.
To qualify for the role you must have:
Relevant experience in or around financial accounting and planning;
Excellent and detailed technical development exposure to planning and reporting tools ‑ Oracle Hyperion Planning and/or Essbase
2+ full implementation lifecycles;
Relevant industry or consulting experience;
Minimum 2.1 degree or equivalent;
Some client engagements may require extensive travel
Additional desirable experience includes:
Qualified/Part Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA
Excellent communication skills