At APM Terminals, the results you deliver matter. We will give you lots of responsibility right from the start and plenty of opportunities to achieve your full potential. For all of our employees, we offer fair, competitive compensation and rewards which include continuous development opportunities. Since our talented employees are the foundation of our company culture and our success, we reward performance in a way that promotes continued achievement.
• Ensure that operators perform pre-checks on all equipment at the start up of their shift and submit completed documents within and designated timeline.
• Collect, analyze, sort and prioritize completed forms at the beginning of each shift and ensure safety critical items are repaired prior to being released to operations.
• Track maintenance job cards in conjunction with completed pre checks forms.
• Develop and complete random audits regularly to ensure repairs are being completed to technical and operational standards.
• Proactively monitor Operations Planning requirements and liaise with Technical Planning to establish equipment availability timelines.
• Coordinate meetings and collaborate with training to cover areas for improvement;
• Develop and maintain general equipment cleanliness standards and establish an audit system to ensure compliance of all equipment types;
• Establish systems to improve ability to anticipate issues, manage exceptions, and identify recurring issues to provide time to create contingency plans and alternate solutions;
• Develop and maintain records to track trends and collaborate with Technical planning to develop reports covering equipment identification, equipment breakdown classification, and operators;
• Collaborate with Technical Department and Operations to verify any unreported damages and report or review in safety reporting tool CMO Compliance.
• Assist with incident investigations to identify root causes and develop corrective actions for implementation.
• Develop reports with Technical Planning on the type of faults / damages or malfunctions and analyze trends.
• Investigate issues raised by colleagues and managers and maintain communication on progress.
• Develop and maintain equipment status reports and communicate discrepancies in a timely manner to the Planning and Technical Manager.
• Achieve maximum equipment availability in the shifts by ensuring that operations is aware of expected equipment release times to keep operators on standby.
• Contribute to terminal objectives such as 5S and TPM to achieve the goal of zero breakdowns;
• Liaise between Operations Planning Equipment Controllers and Technical Planning when equipments become available for operations;
• Supervise/oversee safe implementation of designated elements of the operating plan of confined scope to achieve agreed objectives;
• Identify workplace hazards and develop control measures to prevent incidents;
• Familiarize and adhere to safety roles and responsibilities;
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives in the workplace
Who we are looking for
• Minimum SSCE/WAEC high school leaving certificate OR college degree in any discipline (technical degree preferred).
• Five (5) years experience in technical field and/or equipment operations (preferred).
• MS Office proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills to manage conflict
• Ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines.
• Works well without close supervision.
• Maintain a positive and proactive outlook.
• Manages deadlines to improve overall equipment availability.
• Ability to work on shifts.
• Strong communication skills in English and Pidgin
• Goal oriented with strong time management abilities