Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the FSCO and oversight of the LSA, the duties of the ERT Driver/Radio Operator will be, but not limited to the following;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors in the field office.
- Ability to embark on field missions to states within the area of responsibiliteis
- Ensures cost saving through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs in preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- In liaison with the Country Office, ensures day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs and routine services as required.
- Ensure proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report.
- Monitor Emergency Communications System (ECS), receive and relay messages and other informations on the system and assist staff on ECS procedure.
- Provide support for routine security patrol, escort and emergency reaction response as well as may be required.
- Operate other security equipment and attend to other assigned duties such as registration for security briefing, monitor police escort, etc.
- Carry out office functions including logging of incidents
- Provides necessary services like dispatch and collection of mails as may be directed.
- Ensures availability of all required documents and components/gadgets of the assigned vehicle without loss of any.
- Maintains tracks of insurance and other relevant formalities and liaise with country office for renewal as at when due.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident/incident.
- Maintains the standard procedure and practice in fuelling and servicing.
- Provides necessary administrative and clerical support in terms of filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required.
- Maintains good relationship in information gathering and sharing.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.