- To co-ordinate the entire operation and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical systems at MTNN installations (Network sites, Switch centre and BTS/TX) within the assigned region and provide 2nd level support to regional operations team.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Ensure spare power capacity is available for redundancy and future installations and provide 2nd level support to regional operations in assigned areas/ region.
- Maintain optimal performance of all cooling and power systems within the region.(Swicth & BTS).
- Conduct routine maintenance of all power and cooling systems at MTNN installations and leased property within assigned area and ensure they are within MTN Specifications.
- Maintain prescribed computerized maintenance management system and prescribed management information system for ESS operations in the region.
- Produce monthly reports on ESS activities within the region.
- Assist to direct the implementation and maintenance of efficient management information system for ESS operations in the assigned region.
- Coordinate data gathering for the duration of NEPA (Local Power Source) power outages, power consumptions for the rural and urban BTS/TX sites including the switching centres within the assigned region.
- Monitor maintenance contracts for regional contractors.
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures to foster efficiency of ESS operations within the assigned region.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Tool of trade provided
- National and International travel and a valid driver’s license.
- On standby 24/7 throughout the year.
Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical Engineering from a reputable institution
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in design, implementation and maintenance of power and cooling systems in telecommunications industry
- Leadership Development Programmes
BEd, BEng, BTech or HND