An exciting role has arisen for a highly motivated Executive Assistant Manager - Food & Beverage at Madinat Jumeirah to provide strategic leadership and direction to ensure the Food and Beverage operation achieves its goals and contributes to the guest experience and overall profitability of the hotel whilst maintaining Jumeirah Brand standards
You main duties will include:
- Develop the Food & Beverage strategy in order to provide innovative and exciting guest experiences that meet the business objectives.
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan, and Sales and Marketing Plans to ensure food and beverage is adequately represented
- Coordinate the organisational and administrative functions in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department to ensure delivery of the strategy and compliance with Jumeirah standards.
- Initiate special promotions and activities that generate additional revenue and popular interest.
- Monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and kitchens ensuring that managers take corrective actions as necessary.
- Monitor the activities and trends of competitor hotels, restaurants and bars and keep up to date with international trends in order to ensure the competitive advantage of the hotel.
- To provide leadership, direction and support to the F&B team in order to increase knowledge.
- To ensure the F&B team are motivated, recognised, performance managed and developed being given full accountability for their areas of responsibility.
- Make recommendations for modernisation of equipment, service methods, and presentation to improve guest satisfaction and profits.
- Ensure that each outlet is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre and is managed by a team who are accountable for their profitability.
- Monitor closely the profitability of all food and beverage outlets in order to provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures.
- Set, in close conjunction with each Outlet Manager, annual operating budgets which will form part of the Business Plan.
- To manage any F&B projects - restaurant refurbishment or development.
- Participate in public relations activities, sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the Food and Beverage department and the hotel.
- Provide creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the hotel.
- Ensure that HACCP and other local regulations are adhered to ensure the highest food hygiene standards.
In order to be considered for the role, you will have gained a diploma or degree in hotel management and have at least 5 years experience as F&B Director in a luxury 5* hotel property and working with a culturally diverse workforce.
It is also essential that you have detailed food and beverage knowledge within a quality luxury brand, has strong administration and management skills, has the ability to demonstrate achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
You must be well versed in financial aspects and knowledgable in Macros Point of Sale system. Fluency in second language other than English is desirable.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, complimentary use of Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.