To provide strategic leadership and direction to ensure the Rooms Division achieve their goals and contribute to the guest experience and overall profitability of the hotel whilst maintaining Jumeirah Brand standards.
- Developing the Al Qasr Hotel operating strategy in order to provide innovative and exciting guest experiences that meet the business objectives.
- Being able to participate in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan, and Sales and Marketing Plans to ensure hotel operations are adequately represented.
- Coordinating the organisational and administrative functions in all areas of the Al Qasr Hotel operation to ensure delivery of the strategy and compliance with Jumeirah standards.
- Monitoring service and product standards in all areas of the hotel, ensuring that managers take corrective action as necessary.
- Monitoring the activities and trends of competitor hotels to keep up to date with international trends in order to ensure the competitive advantage of the hotel.
- Making recommendations for modernisation of equipment, service methods, and presentation to improve guest satisfaction and profit.
- Ensuring that each department is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre and is managed by a team who are accountable for their profitability.
- Monitoring closely the profitability of all departments in order to provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures.
- Providing creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the Al Qasr Hotel.
- Being able to personally and frequently verify that guests in the hotel are receiving the best possible service available in order to make continuous improvement.
- Spending time in the various operations to ensure the operation is managed according to standard.
- Ensuring the privacy and security of in-house guests are maintained by the team at all times.
- Handling customer complaints effectively in close liaison with other departments to ensure brand standards and customer satisfaction.
- Administering the overall effort of cost control to ensure efficiency, productivity and departmental profitability without compromising the guest experience.
- In liaison with the Director of Revenue, facilitate revenue production in order to maximise gross revenues and revenue per room.
- Participating in public relations activities, sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the Al Qasr Hotel.
You should have a Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management gained from an internationally recognised university and ideally currently be in the position of Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms in a 5* luxury hotel resort environment.
You should have experience of working internationally and have worked in a large operation of 400 + rooms.
You will have good administration, communication, time management and organisational skills, as well as the capability to multitask and strong attention to detail.
You will also be a team player with effective analytical skills.
Your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.