Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Effective and efficient functioning of the Representative’s office
- Effective communications and administrative support to the office
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management
- Support HR functions with full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNODC and UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Representatives’ Office office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of the Representatives office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times, and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the CO team;
- Efficient and discreet management of the Representatives schedules
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points.
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for the Representatives signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by the Organization when communicating with Government and other external partners
- Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system including a chronological file ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Representative.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice memos, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of Representative, including drafting of background notes, travel bookings, travel authorization, security clearance, rental subsidy and MORSS compliance documents
- Support to organization of media/advocacy events if required
- Maintain a contact data base for the use by the UNODC Representative
- Perform other duties as may be required by UNODC Representative.