- GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
- As a key member of the GE Africa team, this position will provide efficient and effective administration service/support to assigned GE Africa leaders in Nigeria and coordinate VIP Country Travel.
- In addition, this role will support as office administrator for the Nigerian office and perform other duties/special projects as assigned.
Executive Administrative Support: In this role, responsibilities include:
- Act as first point of contact for those approaching the GE Executives, responding to and re-directing incoming enquiries as appropriate.
- Support senior executive staff in scheduling of calendars, managing diaries and events etc.
- Gather market intelligence and preparing reports
- Manage facilities in Nigeria office and provide office management support.
- Handle information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
Project Coordination - Responsibilities include:
- Planning, execution, and finalization of projects according to strict deadlines. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Facilities Management and Commercial Events Coordination.
- VIP Region Travel Coordination: Responsibilities include:
- Manage protocol and coordinate the region itinerary for visiting GE Officers and VIPs to SSA region
- Liaise with relevant global executive assistants, security, corporate travel and GE staff
- Ensure compliance with GE guidelines on government protocols
- A University Degree in Management, Business Administration or Social Sciences
- Proven experience in dealing at Senior Executives level within a multinational
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years in supporting Executives
- 3+ years with GE or similar multinational supporting Officers and Senior Executives international travel.
- Excellent calendar management skills, travel management, including the coordination of complex executive meetings across multiple geographies
- Team player, inclusive and ability to build relationships
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment at a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Outstanding presentation, attention to details, organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, clear thinker with a high degree of creativity and resourcefulness with experience working in developing markets
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
- Excellent project management skills, good business acumen and attitude in order to support Executive and team in high growth markets
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Prior work experience in Africa a strong plus. Must possess a valid permit to work in Nigeria
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work flexible working hours Demonstrated ability to balance workload under short deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make independent decisions with minimal oversight … a self-starter and an ability to think ahead and plan for all scenarios