Main Purpose of Position
• Provide personal administrative support and assistance to the Executive Director.
• To maximize the productivity of the Executive Director in delivering of services.
• Help manage the organization’s relationship with industry and board members.
• Design and maintain databases;
• File and retrieve documents and reference materials;
• Conduct research, collect and analyse data to prepare reports and documents;
• Manage and maintain executives' schedules, appointments.
• Arrange and co-ordinate meetings and events;
• Answer and manage incoming calls;
• Receive and interact with incoming visitors;
• Liaise with internal staff at all levels;
• Interact with external clients;
• Co-ordinate project-based work;
• Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary;
• Supervise, coach and train lower level staff.
Assist with financial management
• Use computer software to prepare invoices and financial statements;
• Code and file financial material according to established records management procedures;
• Process accounts payable ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information;
• Prepare accurate bank reconciliations and deposits;
• Assist with financial reports as required.
Provide Board support
• With the Executive Director, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution;
• Ensure the timely distribution of material to the Board;
• Draft minutes of Board meetings for review by the Executive Director;
• Create action list for management staff from board meetings;
Education and Experience:
• Bsc, HND or OND in relevant discipline.
• Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
• Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
• Familiar with managing external services including accounting and HR.