Our client is a private, voluntary, non-profit, faith based, non-governmental Organisation based in Lagos state, Nigeria. Their mission statement includes easing the burdens of existence for widows and orphans, which we do through our community network amongst others.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and focused Executive Assistant to support the Group Executive Vice Chairman in meeting the foundation’s corporate goals
In this role you will:
- Provides professional representation as needed across a wide spectrum of events, meetings and engagements. Represents EVC as called upon in a variety of fora
- Help manage group real estate portfolio as directed by EVC. This includes; minimising EVC involvement in property administration by providing input on technical issues, attending client meetings where required and building good relationships with clients and business agents
- Research, development and preparation (editing, tailoring to audience) of speeches, technical papers, briefs and suchlike for delivery by EVC.
- Partners with EVC to leverage group identity as well as personal media image of EVC
- Acts as an ‘Ambassador’ for the Group and demonstrates a high level of ownership and independence (able to run the office in the absence of any other senior employee for long periods of time)
- Reviews and manages relevant communications, including but not limited to mail, email, telephone, meetings, reports, newsletters,
- Provides the necessary leadership to work effectively with management, staff, donors and trustees to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization
- Maintains active and productive engagements with external parties, stakeholders, clients and customers
- Manages relevant budgets under his/her purview
Worthy candidates for the role have the following:
- Quality of papers, speeches, briefs produced (content, editing and suitability/appropriateness)
- Ability to travel internationally once a month without infringements
To be successful in this role you will need:
- First degree in a relevant field from a reputable institution
- A masters degree would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years experience supporting topmost executive in a medium sized organisation
- Previous experience working abroad for a significant period of time preferred
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills – must be people ‘savvy’
- Ability to work with precision and confidence
- Ability to stay calm/stable under pressure
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with skill and finesse with a spectrum of people – polished communicator
- Self Confident
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Highly professional comportment
- Proficient in MS Office; Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Must be internet savvy with strong technical research skills. Must also be familiar with various social media tools
As an employer of choice, they will provide you:
- Competitive salary package and benefits;
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.
- Networking opportunities
- International travelling experience