The Executive Assistant (EA) to the CEO shall be responsible for the coordination and administration of the CEOs office, including investor relations as well as special projects emanating from the CEO’s office. The EA shall also be responsible for managing correspondence to and from the office of the CEO
- Compile correspondence, reports, Board papers, presentations etc., on behalf of the CEO.
- Prepare, proof read and edit outgoing correspondence from the CEOs office e.g. letters, proposals, presentations, press releases, newsletters etc.
- Deal with all the CEO’s correspondence; incoming mails, faxes etc.
- Prepare the CEO for all internal/external meetings i.e. develop/obtain agendas, research organization/individuals/topics, briefing on key issues, opportunities etc., which might result from each meeting.
- Manage the CEO’s diary and appointments; act as gatekeeper and follow-up meetings, external contacts, ideas, leads, etc.
- Ensure the general maintenance of reference material for contracts, agreements, bids/proposals etc.
- Provide/research ground material/literature on various aspects that pertain to the CEO’s work load and as requested by the CEO.
- Maintain structures for inter-team communications within Main One.
- Monitor tasks delegated by the CEO to external customers and to departments.
- Work closely with the CEO to ensure that all projects and contracts are up to date and ensure relevant managers produce monthly management reports for CEO outlining progress on their respective work-stream.
- Maintain a comprehensive filling system for the CEO’s office.
- Coordinate the CEO’s travel itinerary - both local and international – and manage claims for official expenditure.
- Coordinate the activities of all personnel working within the CEO’s office.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience performing senior manager/executive support and secretariat support.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Customer Service Orientation
- Organizational Skills and great attention to details
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and a good command of written/spoken English.
- Very strong technology usage skills.
- Strong diplomacy skills.
- Basic Secretarial & Computer Skills and proficiency with MS Office Applications.
Demands of the job
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to interact with senior/executive level personnel, other international organizations, and government officials
- Must be able to show maturity and respect for others
- Maintain consistent punctuality and smart personal appearance
- Positive attitude to work.