Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Post Title: Executive Assistant, GS 5
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-06-2011
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Deadline for application: 21 June 2011
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
1. Search office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and references. Select information and record in specified format on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents.
2. Organize both internal and external meetings between the Head of the Bauchi Office and high-ranking government partners, and provide secretarial support to such meetings when necessary. Handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion.
3. Receive, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follow up system with all sections within the office.
4. Keep the Chief of the Field Office informed about all recent developments in the Field Office and other Field Offices by bringing all relevant correspondence, other information and publications, promptly to his/her notice.
5. Prepare reports, minutes of meetings and draft correspondence from oral information ensuring that spelling, punctuation, style, presentation and protocol are correct. Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are confidential.
6. Operate computerized equipment and systems for data entry, text processing and standard communications e.g. fax, telex, radio, cc: mail, internet, etc.
7. Ensure proper record-keeping by filing all necessary documents.
8. Co-ordinate administrative & secretarial services of the CFO in terms of distributing certain specialized project-oriented assignments emerging from the office of the Chief of Field Office.
9. Reply to routine correspondence and provide background materials for correspondence when required, and also place orders for materials from NYHQ e.g. bulletins, periodicals, journals, etc.
10. Coordinate visits, arrange appointments and maintains CFO’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion.
11. Perform all other duties as requested by the CFO from time to time.
Minimum qualification & competencies:
• Completion of secondary education; proven shorthand and typing ability; through knowledge of modern office procedures; ability to operate word-processing equipment may be required. Knowledge of protocol.
• Five years progressive experience in administrative work which should have provided good knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
• Very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of one or other UN working languages, an asset. Knowledge of local language of the duty station is desirable.
• Computer literacy with database management, knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing required.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organising skills.
• Good knowledge of administrative rules & regulations.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international and multicultural environment is desirable.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please forward your application in a sealed envelope marked ‘confidential’ quoting the vacancy number addressed to:Maxdivaxresource at gmail.com
This job is open for Applicant from LAGOS state only.