Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Responsible for ensuring residents receive a varied, appealing, wholesome and nutritious diet, which is suited to individual assessed and recorded requirements. Food, including liquified meals, must be presented in a manner which is attractive and appealing in terms of texture, flavour and appearance, in order to maintain appetite and nutrition.
- To be directly responsible to the Kitchen Manager.
- To purchase fresh foods daily, from local suppliers.
- To order frozen foods weekly from nominated suppliers.
- To check regularly that supplier prices are competitive.
- To account for all monies issued and receipts obtained.
- To prepare menus as agreed with manager. There should be a choice of options, including vegetarian and that religious and cultural dietary needs are catered for.
- To prepare nutritious, appealing and wholesome meals.
- Provide special therapeutic diets/feeds when advised by health care and dietetic staff, including adequate provision of calcium and vitamin D.
- To ensure hot and cold drinks and snacks are available at all times.
Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
Work individually and within a team to provide the necessary supervision and direction to the Kitchen Assistants, to a standard commensurate with aims and objectives of the Hotel and in consideration of its residents.
Observe and maintain high levels of communication within the teams of staff, individual colleagues and residents.
Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times.
To carry out any additional duties as requested.
To undertake any additional training and development programmes the Hotel may consider appropriate to enhance your contribution to the work at this hotel.
To undertake regular supervisions and an annual appraisal for Kitchen Assistants.
Minimum of OND in catering, food and nutrition or other related disciplines.
Must be neat and creative
Interested applicants should send CVs to : firstname.lastname@example.org