An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented Executive Chinese Chef to join the Zheng He's culinary team at Mina A' Salam in Madinat Jumeirah. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Executive Chef of Mina A' Salam and the Resort Executive Chef to set standards and maintain them to the Madinat Jumeirah Resort standards.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Demonstrating a commitment to the development and implementation of innovation throughout the Zheng He's Kitchen.
- Continually contributing the Departmental Standard Operating Procedure Manual, detailing standards of Performance, Policies and Procedures pertinent to the efficient operation of the outlet's front and back of house.
- Interacting with the management of Zheng He's Restaurant to develop and maintain effective working relations with them.
- Planning of menus and designing of standard recipes in order to ensure consistent high quality in food production throughout the resort, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations whilst maintaining exceptional profitability and appealing / creative presentation.
- Liaising with the Purchasing Department in order to ensure prompt and efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control and best quality product for Zheng He's is being purchased.
- Liaising with the Stewarding Manager to ensure an adequate supply of equipment and to establish standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all Food & Beverage Production areas.
- Liaising with Engineering in order to ensure prompt and efficient repair and maintenance of all equipment and work areas.
- Meeting and interacting with representatives of the local community and potential guests as required.
- Making recommendations to the management for modernisation of equipment, production methods, presentation in order to improve guest satisfaction resort wide.
- Communicating regularly with Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chefs in order to keep them informed of policies and procedures, operational issues from other departments which might impact their work, future plans for improvement and any guest comments.
- Actively promoting the consideration and implementation of creative innovative ideas throughout Zheng He's in order to drive excellence in both product and service.
- Ensuring customer requirements are determined and met (understanding that Madinat Jumeirah caters to an extremely diverse mix of nationalities).
- Inspecting all food stores and refrigerated areas on a daily basis and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations.
- Checking food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control on a daily basis.
- Conducting training and thorough briefing on the correct usage of kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that this is carried out in the correct manner by all kitchen colleagues.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have an internationally recognised Culinary qualification and have a strong background in Chinese and Cantonese cuisine. In addition, you should have minimum of 6 years experience as an Executive Chinese Chef for a large A la carte venue.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
You should have a very good command of the English language; verbal and written and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.