As Commercial Leader for West Africa, the successful candidate manages commercial positioning and operations. The role involves detailed work both between customers, and concessionaires/NOC to ensure optimum business growth and margins following GE risk processes. This is a critical leadership role in the business and will offer significant ability to grow our business locally in Nigeria and regionally in a challenging environment.
- Develop and execute a global commercial growth strategy for Oil and Gas West Africa
- Work with the regional commercial team to develop and execute account strategies in pursuit of top line growth and margin expansion.
- Develop strategic relationships with key customers and decision makers.
- Coordinate and align global sales strategy with regional business needs and priorities, incorporating relevant input from P&Ls.
- Accountable for orders, sales and margin results against GPB, OP forecasts.
- Coordinate with regional commercial team to implement account strategies, structure deals and close orders.
- Leverage the breadth of GE to increase competitive advantage.
- Review our current comm-ops capability across G&G and ensure overall improvement both in output and process alignment
- Manage and develop a team of commercial account managers
- Accountable for the attraction and development of talent, succession planning and sustainability of commercial pipeline with depth of expertise within Subsea.
- Champion broad-based customer-centered initiatives (e.g. NPS, cross-enterprise sales, solution selling).
- Promote a customer-centric mindset, lead a culture of quality and integrity.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- At least 10 additional years of experience in O&G sales leadership with an exceptional track record.
- Fluency in English
- Global experience working abroad for a multinational organization in a leadership role with direct reports
- At least 5 years of leadership experience and proven track record of management and compliance leadership
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Experience working in multiple countries
- Ability to develop influential customer relationships, plans, sales strategies, presentations, and proposals
- Strong sales team leadership skills with a successful sales growth track record
- Strong customer mindset
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Understanding of GE's and customer's financial drivers / needs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of market economics, competitive issues, technology and projects