- The role is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organisation according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
- Driving the business’ strategic financial and developmental goals, ensuring the organisation’s budget, claims, and reinsurance objectives are met.
- The role responsible for overseeing marketing, business development, underwriting, claims, and other technical matters.
- Establish appropriate systems and structures to support effective service delivery by the marketing, underwriting, and claims function
- Operate as Chief Marketer in driving business development and furthering customer relationships
- Establish and implement adequate risk management and controls for effective management of underwriting, surveys and claims
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organisation.
- Update the Board of Directors on major industry trends and developments, drawing attention to their implications for the business
- Oversee the management of key account relationships, gain new clients and ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain on-going relationships with key industry contacts and regulatory authorities
- Drive the development of annual operating plans including operational plans and requirements, staffing and budgets that support the organisation’s strategic plan and overall business aspirations
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets and adhere to approved expenditure limits; provide regular updates on variances from budget.
- Minimum of First degree in any discipline
- MBA or Masters in related discipline is desirable
- Relevant and recognised professional certification and membership (CIIN, ICAN, NIM etc.) is required
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) to Eighteen (18) years relevant work experience of which 8 years must have been spent in a Leadership Management Position within the Insurance/Financial Services Sector.