- The Executive Assistant/Officer (EA/O) to the CEO will provide high-level, confidential and administrative support to the office of the MD/CEO.
- She is expected to have in-depth knowledge of the various business units under the Group.
- She will be in charge of preparing non-vetted public speeches for the CEO at seminars, symposia, etc.
- The ideal candidate must be exceptionally eloquent with impeccable communication skills.
- She must have international exposure (preferably studied abroad).
- Her duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with board members.
- This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- In a nut shell the role provides an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the MD/CEO, helping to manage and prioritize time.
- Assist MD in conducting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual reviews of tasks and correspondences.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers, etc.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the CEO to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the CEO meetings with direct reports and the committees and groups to which the CEO is a member.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with Admin unit and ensure arrangements are in place for the CEO to match the requirements.
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO, including the drafting of general replies.
- Keep and retrieve files for the CEO as at when required.
- Demonstrable experience in an administration/executive assistant/PA role in a highly pressurized environment requiring tact, judgement and discretion in handling internal and external contacts (essential).
- Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel and accommodation (essential), with a minimum of 12 years experience.
- Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential).
- Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications (this may be tested during the selection process).
- Expert level in the use of Outlook.
- Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint Skills (all essential)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the CEO’s office.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines; Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods; Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Confident and able to work with own initiative and with limited supervision