- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Manage and perform complex and confidential administrative functions to ensure assigned executive operations flow smoothly and provide administrative and secretarial support for the Country Office.
- Manage and provide direct support to the CD, CoP & project directors in all administrative matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain/update Executives’ calendars, schedules appointments and meetings.
- Draft correspondence and reports as requested. Record minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the Country Office. Manage office records and filings as appropriate.
- Assist the Executive(s) in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Answer, and screen telephone calls; receives and delivers messages; and responds to queries of a non-scientific/non-policy nature.
- Liaise with FHI 360 Executive Office staff. Provide and organize all support materials in advance for meetings and travel on behalf of Executive(s).
- Track and follow up on status of outstanding actions and requests on behalf of Executive(s).
- Manage travel arrangements for Executive’s Office, overseeing travel authorizations and expense reports, reviewing trip reports for content and format, coordinating travel arrangements.
- Manage writing, review and dissemination of all meeting minutes and ensure quality.
- Work closely with staff in the Executive’s Office and as needed with other FHI 360 groups to ensure the timely flow of work. Coordinate and manage international travels and oversee hotel reservations for international staff. By instructions and approval of Executive(s), apply and obtain travel concurrence / approval from USAID
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Country Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable skills in oral and written communication. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, representatives of donors and collaborating agencies, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public. Ability to negotiate tactfully.
- Initiative and discretion in judging and managing confidential matters, materials and sensitive issues.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Proficiency in secretarial skills to include grammar, spelling and proofreading.
- Proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to type 50 correct words per minute.
- Considerable knowledge of office equipment, practices and procedures, and a willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Ability to work independently, and to organize, coordinate and effectively process work assignments, while providing attention to detail.
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume work flow efficiently. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities. Ability to manage demanding workload.
- Ability to anticipate the technical and administrative support required. Ability to retrieve and obtain information from various sources, including the library.