The Operational Transaction Services team support the whole deal lifecycle from initial assessment, operational due diligence, merger integration, carve out/separation, through to post deal value enhancement. The team carry out buy side and sell side engagements during transactions for corporate firms and private equity houses, as well as supporting corporate restructuring. We also provide non-deal related services to strategic EY clients
- Lead and/or contribute to pre deal, post deal and separation engagements with clients across all sectors including private equity.
- Assist in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and will be working in project teams comprising other colleagues from Transaction Advisory Services, such as operational and financial due diligence.
- Work on client engagement teams executing Operational Transaction Services which support key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions
- Be responsible for assessing the client's state of readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, while identifying high-risk areas, unidentified issues and areas for overall improvement
- Assist with the execution of the integration plan while working to constantly identify areas for improvement including resolving integration issues
- Be responsible for creating work products that document the engagement procedures performed against objectives.
- Effectively participate on teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, while staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business. Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training Operational Transaction Services professionals
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Build strong internal relationships with members of the Operational Transaction Services and other EY services
We look for specialism in at least one of these areas:
- Operations Management experience - ideally gained with companies in industrial/ consumer/high tech products, utilities, logistics, telecoms and/or energy. Functional experience will include manufacturing, service provision, supply chain, R&D, corporate affairs, sales and 'back office'.
- Professional services 'advisory' experience - either from within a management consultancy, corporate finance advisory firm or as an 'internal consultant' within a corporate.
- Deal exposure or experience of the transaction environment - either from within an advisory firm or an internal corporate development team
Technical skills requirements
- Knowledge of mergers and/or acquisitions transactions
- Experience in re-engineering, turnarounds or business integrations
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
Additional skills requirements
- Strong academic record, including a degree
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work well within a team
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- History of work within Financial Services