To provide secretarial and administrative assistance to a portfolio of partners and directors on a ratio of 1:3. Duties include diary management, travel arrangements, time reporting, expense reporting, invoices and the provision of meeting support.
Scheduling/ Diary Management
- Manage busy portfolio diaries, arrange appointments (both internal and external) and organise travel, accommodation and transfers as appropriate.
- Use judgement when scheduling meetings for the portfolio - determine purpose and minimum time required.
- Arrange conference calls, meetings, lunches and dinners on behalf of the portfolio as required.
- Add/ edit calendar items as requested.
Communications & Networks
- Use judgement to manage the portfolio’s workload/current issues and have the knowledge to respond to queries; take ownership of enquires and ensure other issues are referred to the appropriate person in a timely fashion in their absence.
- Screen phone calls and messages, sort post and emails for the portfolio and prepare list of action items and issues, referring to the relevant portfolio member when necessary.
- Prepare and revise documents including letters, emails and memos. etc
- Build and develop an internal and external network of contacts on behalf of the portfolio; build knowledge of key issues in order to effectively identify priorities.
- Liaise and work with Executive Secretaries (ESs) within the wider team, and the entire Ernst & Young network
- Arrange travel using the American Express Corporate Travel desk or EY’s online travel system (EYe Book Travel) in line with policy.
- Prepare complex international travel itineraries.
Time & Expense Reporting & Invoices
- Prepare and submit weekly expenses, timesheets and invoices using the EY in-house system.
- Reconcile and report on American Express card statements with receipts.
- Ensure all papers are prepared ahead of meetings as necessary.
- Prepare, amend and progress presentations as and when required.
- Manage administration of meetings, including documentation collation.
General Administrative Support
- Maintain hard and soft filing systems.
- Maintain information for key administrative matters related to the portfolio and others as needed, e.g. contact lists, etc. as requested.
- Maintain the client database (Interaction) updating contacts and other associated tasks on a regular basis as required.
- Provide ad hoc support for the portfolio on projects as requested.
- Support visitors as required.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience working as an ES supporting a portfolio of senior leaders in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- An advanced knowledge of Word and intermediate knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is necessary.
- Lotus Notes knowledge is an advantage.
- Ideally candidates will have exposure of working within a multinational and multicultural corporate organisation where they have built relationships across virtual portfolios and supported a portfolio that travels extensively.
- Experience of working at a professional service partnership is an advantage but not essential
- Polished communication skills, including an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Strong organisation skills, with an ability to prioritise an often conflicting workload.
- The ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems.
- The aptitude to provide regular progress reports on administration matters.
- The confidence and capability to work with senior profile executives and clients.
- A flexible and professional manner.
- A portfolio-orientated focus.
- A quality-driven approach, consistently aiming for high standards.
- The capability to keep matters confidential.
- The ability to form networks with staff at all levels and influence effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills