Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
• screen telephone callers
• make and record appointments
• operate office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, switchboards and computers
• file correspondence and other records
• receive and process incoming and outgoing mail
• write letters and reports on behalf of the organisation
• store and retrieve data on computers
• talk to clients
• prepare agendas or programmes for meetings
• attend and take minutes of meetings, both in the office and at other locations
• organise business itineraries, travel arrangements, conferences, meetings and social functions
• hire and supervise staff
• maintain budget and account records
• purchase office supplies.
The duties secretaries perform vary a great deal according to the size and type of organisation in which they work. Experienced secretaries may advance to positions of higher responsibility.
Secretaries assist professionals, managers and executives by performing clerical and secretarial duties.
• good command of the English language, both written and spoken
• sound organisational and interpersonal skills
• able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• able to work independently
• aptitude for working with computers
• neat personal appearance
• able to act with tact and discretion.