A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Executive Sous Chef to join our culinary team at Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Executive Chef in producing and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation required by the hotel.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting the Executive Chef in writing standard recipes which allow the property to run at an acceptable food cost.
- Assisting the Executive Chef in minimizing payroll costs by maximizing the productivity and efficient scheduling of employees.
- Monitoring all kitchens operating costs and takes corrective action where necessary to reduce expenses.
- Assisting the Executive Chef in developing menus, buffets and "specials" which meet the needs and which comply with company and hotel policies and procedures and minimum standards.
- Being able to assist in writing and updating the relevant section of the Departmental Operations Manual.
- Assisting in maximizing employee productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Ensuring that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with colleagues and all other departments.
- Being able to have a complete understanding of company policies and adhere to them relating to Fire, Hygiene and Safety.
- Checking incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.Maintain and enforce good hygiene and sanitation procedures.
- Identifying Market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local market, and Monitors and analyses the menus and products of competitive restaurants.
- Thorough knowledge on Food safety and HACCP.
In order to be considered for this role you will possess an internationally recognised Culinary qualification or Bachelors Degree. You will have at least 1 - 2 years experience working as an Executive Sous Chef role in a five star hotel.
You should have experience gained in European Kitchens/Cuisine with a Michelin star restaurant background and be able to demonstrate experience of working with multicultural teams of 200+ colleagues.
You will also possess extremely strong leadership and communication skills as you will manage a large team of culinary colleagues and will assist in the coordination of manning and recruitment activity, as well as maximising the productivity and scheduling of employees.
As well as the operational experience you will be comfortable working to budgets so able to control all food costs and have a strong eye for attention to detail.
You should have a very good command of the English language; verbal and written and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.