The Transaction Support team aims to assist clients throughout the whole transaction process. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of the service, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, including commercial due diligence, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion integration.
Transactions vary from small private deals to high profile multinational acquisitions and disposals, including a variety of private equity related scenarios as well as public transactions such as IPOs, reverse takeovers and demergers.
After a period of reduced transaction volume linked to the global credit crunch, the firm is experiencing increased transaction activity from both corporate and private equity clients. Within our Industrial, Commercial & Government Group, Transaction Support is organised into market facing teams including Private Equity, Industrial and Consumer, Mining, Oil, Gas & Utilities ("MOGU") and Telecoms, Media and Technology, and our people will therefore develop industry knowledge within a chosen sector as well as transaction support skills.
The work spans the UK and overseas and may entail travel to a wide range of locations. Transaction Support offers an exciting and creative environment, first rate career development and opportunities to work on some of the world's highest profile deals.
- Robust analysis of the financials and assessing the impact on the transaction.
- Play a participatory role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, client service framework).
- Understanding the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client and providing value to the client through our services and support and the deliverables we produce.
- Regular liaison with the target as well as the client at all levels.
- Work closely with members of the team, sharing responsibility for the project, providing support, and communicating all issues, conclusions, and one's progress.
- Involves gathering, verifying and analysing information, and formulating views and conclusions.
- Participate in the preparation of deliverables including reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Develop internal and external networks through personal contacts.
- Understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients.
- Liaise effectively with other departments within Ernst & Young and with other advisers.
- Take responsibility for own learning and development provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback.
- Share your technical and other knowledge with your team and the department and draw upon previous experience.
- Identify and understand key business drivers
- Drive process of gathering, verifying and analysing information, and formulating views and conclusions
- Thrive on close teamwork, including sharing responsibility for projects. This will also involve effective liaison with other departments within Ernst & Young and other advisors.
- Clear communication of progress, issues and conclusions
- Develop internal and external networks through personal contacts and previous experience
- Take joint ownership of your own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback
- Share your technical and other knowledge with your team and the department and draw upon previous experience
3B's at A level (or equivalent)
Minimum 2:1 degree
ACA (or equivalent) qualification ideally with First Time Passes
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate strong intellectual rigour and commercial awareness combined with first-class numeracy and analytical skills:
Highly numerate with strong attention to detail
Logical and methodical approach with ability to think laterally
Change-oriented with a flexible approach
Excellent communicator, both oral and written
Team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
Effective time manager, able to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
Project management skills
Excel spread-sheeting skills
Flexible to hours
Used to working under pressure
Evidence of report writing skills