- To support the export logistics team to be an anticipatory pro-active unit that services it’s customers on time while acquiring “best value” in terms of cost, quality and minimum leadtime.
- Support the implementation of Logistics procedures and group best practices.
- Prepare all the shipping documentation as per Nigeria’s and receiving end-markets legal requirements to ensure smooth transfer of consignments.
- Ensure cost and quality optimisation and respect of the legislation in force in the end-to-end handling of materials and finished products.
- Establish partnership with forwarding agents and transporters, and ensure strict respect of any contractual obligations.
- Follow up with clearing agent the clearance and movements of export consignments.
- Maintain good working relationships across the supply chain, supporting the functions/departments involved with information and guidance
- Ensure timely communication/processing of documents required for all necessary government agencies
- Ensure self development by improving knowledge of the other roles in the department and company
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Supply Chain processes especially logistics.
- BSc. or HND in Sciences or any relevant field
- Sound knowledge of legal requirements with respect to movement of cargo across ECOWAS
- Understanding of International Chamber of Commerce Incoterms and International Trade requirements in general
- Ability to operate across all hierarchy levels, providing information and support as required.
- Good inter-personal communication skills using electronic and other media.
- Very good self-organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, work independently and deliver according to defined deadlines.
- Computer literate: ability to analyse and report data, using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and spreadsheet applications.
- Minimum 3 (three) years’ experience in import/export clearance activities.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and understanding of internal information flows.