- Customer relationship management
- Clearly map stakeholders and understand their needs
- Effective management of assigned customers; pursue and secure business in line with West Nigeria volume targets.
- Create and manage customer specific business plans and initiatives allowing Maersk Line to maximize its yield potential.
- Ensure follow through on E2E direction setting as communicated with a view to maximising total yield and build a stronger pipeline of new customers
- Keep abreast of market developments and report significant trends
Pipeline and Portfolio Management:
- Quality sales activities covering client portfolio.
- Quality pipeline accurately reflecting the business that has been identified from active sales calls, without allowing unrealistic/significant over or under forecasts vs. what is to be delivered.
- Business plan based on minimum set with quarterly updates.
- Uncovering needs framework, understanding the buying phases
- Build strong customer specific value propositions linking to Maersk Line differentiators.
- Actively use Maersk Line CRM tool
Sales Meetings/Activity Management:
- Ability to prospects for new accounts or opportunities
- Grow and up-sell to existing accounts, focusing on growth and profitability
- Strong ability to qualify leads
- Successfully manages negotiation process
- Strong ability to develop winning customer value propositions
- Leverages internal and external financial data to build winning strategies and understand account economics
- Builds and executes winning account strategies
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships at all levels, focusing on customers, decision makers and influencers
- Have a strong knowledge about ML products, markets and industry trends
Who we are looking for:
- You should possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
- You should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you should have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- A Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 3 years industry or equivalent sales experience.
- You should be highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com