The role of Facilities Design Draughtsperson is to survey and accurately record room layouts, buildings and associated building services and to produce drawings, which conform to defined Drawing Office standards, using industry standard software packages.
- To survey and accurately record rooms, buildings and associated building services.
- To produce drawing sets to conform to established Drawing Office standards.
- To provide finished documentation to the customer within agreed timescales.
- To use Microsoft Access Databases to record drawings and record drawing task processes.
- To adopt, embrace and demonstrate Atkins’ values and beliefs.
- To provide infrastructure design capability as required.
- ONC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services or equivalent.
- Knowledge of building systems/infrastructure installation practices.
- The ability to draw accurately and quickly from surveyed data in 2D and 3D using AutoCAD 2008 incorporating AutoCAD Architectural Desktop.
- To be prepared to visit UK & Overseas sites as required.
- To demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to maintain good customer, contractor and peer group relationships.
- To have the ability to organise and plan work effectively, giving due consideration to the economic use of resources, whilst working in co-operation with others to achieve planned objectives.
- To be able to ensure that all work conforms to defined Drawing Office standards and processes.
- A willingness to keep up to date with the use of relevant software, particularly that associated with shared data models and 3D information.
- To hold a relevant qualification in the use of AutoCAD and relevant drawing techniques.
- To be self-motivated and adaptable and able to demonstrate an ability to exercise initiative.
- To undertake, when needed, all job related training.
- To demonstrate a working knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment policy and regulations.
- To have previous experience of drafting building layouts and associated services infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be confident and competent in accurately surveying rooms/buildings individually or as part of a surveying team. They will be able to accurately produce AutoCAD drawings either from their own survey notes or notes / drawing markups produced by others and will pro-actively resolve any discrepancies. They will work quickly and accurately, take a pride in their work and work effectively in a team environment.
The successful applicant will maintain the excellent working relationship that exists between Atkins and the client.