Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Facilities managers are responsible for the security, maintenance and services of work facilities to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation and its employees.
Facilities management is a relatively new and fast-developing occupational area.
A facilities manager is one who manages the processes and services of a business or organization. In other words, the facilities manager ensures that the work facilities of a company are secure,well-maintained and functioning well. This professional also makes sure that the needs of the employer and the employees are met.
Facilities managers are employed in both the private and public sectors and may work in office buildings, retail buildings, schools, hospitals or any other large premises. Roles can vary from focusing on day-to-day security, cleaning and maintenance to managing refurbishment for several organisations:
- financial forecasting/budgeting
- property acquisition and/or disposal
- planning and overseeing building work/renovation
- lease management
- allocating and managing space within buildings
- managing building maintenance activities
- coordinating cleaning, catering and parking services
- organising security and general administrative services
- ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- advising on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including maintenance, grounds and custodial workers
Interested applicants should have a minimum of BSc and any other qualification will be an added advantage.