Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Facilities officers Duties::
• log, analyse and track maintenance requests
• issue work orders to appropriate tradespeople or maintenance officers
• match work orders to invoices and send invoices for payment
• distribute, archive and coordinate documentation
• conduct routine cleaning inspections with cleaners and facilities managers
• coordinate recycling and waste management reports
• set up meetings, conferences and function rooms
• collect and distribute mail
• suggest initiatives to improve operating practices, such as increasing energy efficiency.
With further training and experience, a facilities officer can become a facilities administrator, facilities manager or director of facilities.
Facilities officers provide assistance to ensure the day-to-day smooth management and operation of a building's infrastructure through administrative support and, at times, overseeing maintenance tasks.
Skills and Qualifications
• good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
• able to work in a team
• able to assess and prioritise tasks
• good computer literacy
• able to use initiative and work unsupervised
• high-level organisational skills.